It is Kai Chi Do Inc.’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- INFORMATION FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES: We may get information about how and when you use the Services. This information may include your IP address, geographic location, access dates and times, length of visit, page views, and actions taken by you within the website.
- COOKIES: A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. You may turn off cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser, but if you block cookies, it may result in blocking our Services. Our websites utilize a variety of third party tools and services that collect cookies.
Registered members need a cookie to be able to log in. This is ‘strictly necessary’ as WordPress won’t work without it. This cookie will apply to people who have created a registered account for use of our website: www.instructor.kaichido.com
Visitors who leave a comment on website will also have a cookie set on their computer. This is not “strictly necessary” as it’s a user preference. If you do not leave a comment, this particular WordPress cookie will not be set on your computer. If you choose to leave a comment, three types of cookies are set: comment_author
WordPress commenter cookies are set to expire a little under one year from the time they’re set.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To facilitate use of our Services. For example, if you are a registered user of the instructor.kaichido.com site we may send you emails notifying you of your progress through the site.
- To promote use of our Services. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit our Website and don’t sign up for any of the Services, we may send you an email asking whether you want to sign up. And if you use any of our Services, and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email telling you about it.
- To send you System Alert Messages. For example, we may let you know about temporary or permanent changes to our Services, new features, or version updates.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms of Service, License Agreement, trademark, and other applicable law.
- To send statements and receipts to you and collect payments from you. This may include sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if a different credit card is needed. Kai Chi Do Inc. does not collect your credit card information. We use third parties such as Paypal for secure credit card transaction processing.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our registered users or third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the Services we offer.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- In the event of a business transfer. In the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or in the unlikely event that Kai Chi Do Inc. goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, that any acquirer of Kai Chi Do Inc. may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or “opt in”) to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
PUBLIC INFORMATION AND THIRD PARTIES
- We have a public blog on our website. Any information you include in a comment on our on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you’d like it removed, contact us.
- Social Media Widgets. Our Websites include social media features, like the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
ACCURACY OF DATA
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do that. If your data changes (like a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete or change any Personal Information you’ve submitted on any of our websites, please use our contact form to get in touch.
Comments on this entry are closed.